Dashboard and Video Instructions
This page contains the instructions for accessing the Dashboard and controlling the video players. Click here to jump to the video player information.
Accessing the Student Dashboard
1. Select your event, and choose dashboard from the menu or the button on the main page once available OR you can go to your account and click on the Classes tab and click the VIEW button behind Dashboard.
2. If you are not already logged in, the system will prompt you to do so. Click the ‘Click Here to Log In’ button.
3. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to the Stitches at Home Main Page Dashboard (please see the screen shot below).
4. From here you can access your classes (My Classes in the upper right grey section), Special Presentations (directly below that under the Meet & Greets), and Customer Support area (at the bottom of the page) which is where to go with problems. You can also click the buttons on the top of the page to jump to a specific section.
5. When you click on a class or its VIEW button in the My Classes section, it will bring you to the class page. This page contains the class’ supply list, pre-class work, schedule with Zoom links (please see the screen shot below), the class handout, and when allowed by the teacher the videos of each session. There will also be a Main Page Dashboard button to get back to the full schedule.
Remember! The links for Class session times are NOT interchangeable; they are specific to a day and time. Please make sure you click on the correct link. If you click on a class link from the previous or following day—no one will be there to teach you.
If allowed, the class videos will be available 24 hours after the session. To find the video session you are searching for, you will need to scroll down the page.
Key Commands for the Video Players
The use of the ‘l’ key and the ‘j’ key are probably the most helpful in scanning through the videos.
Please note that the key commands will not be effective unless the browser and video are the top active application on your device.
Controlling the Subtitles Option of a Video
By default, the subtitles are turned off. This is because the subtitle do take up a certain amount of the screen that can interfere with closeups by the instructor.
The good news is that it’s very easy to turn the subtitles on. Please follow these steps…
Step One: Go to your video on the stitches.event site and move your cursor over the bottom right section of the video you wish to turn on subtitles for.
Step Two: Click on that hexagon.
Step Three: This will cause a fly-up menu to appear. Click the ‘Subtitles Off’ menu option.
Step Four: This will cause the fly-up menu to give you more options. Click the ‘English (Auto)’ menu option and the subtitles will now be turned on for that video.
A note about the subtitles: The subtitles are auto-generated. Although they are getting better all the time, there are errors within the subtitles. Stitches Events makes no guarantee about the accuracy of these subtitles.