Knit in New Directions
$12.49 – $24.95
Myra Wood introduces the pure fun of knitting with strips and modules, creative short rows, crazy-quilt pieces, and freeform shapes.
Myra Wood introduces the pure fun of knitting in parts: strips and modules, creative short rows, crazy-quilt pieces, and freeform shapes that build off one another.
This template-based approach frees you to become involved in the creative
process. Because it is not math-dependent, your focus can be on yarn, color, and stitch.
From a simple bag to a full-blown sweater—as you fill in your template, fit just happens:
• Make your own life-size template using gridded Pellon and a permanent marker.
then check the fit.
• All you need to do is cover the template with knitting. Whether you follow one of Myra’s patterns (basic recipes that encourage experimentation) or take off on your own, the piece will work.
• The template approach makes it easy to combine pattern sizes, say a small back and medium front for a fuller bust, or add flare to the panels for more ease at the hips.
• You can choose a stitch for the whole piece or break it into sections. Mix and match techniques, stitches, and colors. Pick up stitches and truly knit in any direction.
Myra shares essential tips and tools:
• A table of pick-up rates and ratios that make it easy to combine fabrics that may not have the same gauge.
• Step-by-step finishing instructions to turn your samples into handy bags—tote, pouch, envelope, or paper bag style—complete with various ways to stabilize the knit fabric.
• Multi-gauge sleeve instructions let you add short or long sleeves to any template with no math.
Free shipping to U.S. addresses.
About our downloadable PDFs & stitchips
Our books are formatted in rich Portable Document Format (PDF)—which includes bookmarking, internal page links, and high-res images & charts so you can print pages if you wish. For best results, we recommend using Acrobat Reader (a free application from Adobe™) as a desktop application for viewing and printing. Acrobat Reader 6 or higher is required to take advantage of all the features listed above. This PDF can be transferred to your tablet with all of the same functionality when you use one of many apps (like iBooks in iOS).
stitchips contain a complete publication (book, magazine, or collection) in a credit-card-sized USB 2 drive.