Circular Yoke Sweater Bootcamp
A virtual class with Kim McBrien Evans
Feb 18, 10:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-4:00pm
Feb 19, 10:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-4:00pm CST
Circular Yoke Sweaters are extremely popular right now! Making them to fit can often be a challenge. Not everyone is model sized and not all patterns are size inclusive, so changes need to happen, Kim can get you there! From neckline to shoulder and bust fit, we’ll look at circular yokes and how to shape them to FIT YOU!
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 4 weeks following the event.
You will take your measurements specific to yoke fit, learn different ways of shaping yokes, how to determine the best method for you, and how to convert patterns to that method. You will create a map to guide your future yoke-sweater making and leave class with tricks for getting your best fit yet!
You will walk away with:
– A full set of body measurements specific to yoke sweaters.
– An understanding of how circular yokes are constructed and how to modify each part to YOUR body.
– An understanding of different ways circular yoke sweaters are shaped, how to choose the best shaping for you, and how to convert any yoke pattern to a different method.
– How to modify a circular yoke for your shape and size.
– Must have knit at least 1 adult sweater in any construction.
– Must be willing to swatch for a sweater.
– Basic knitting skills (cast on, bind off, increases, decreases)
• Pen/pencil/notebook for taking notes
• Measuring tape large enough to measure your full chest and full hips
• Small amounts of yarn and needles appropriate for that yarn in a few sizes. This is for swatching and trying out neckline sizes.
• Calculator (phone or tablet calculator is fine)
• Wear a light layer such as a t-shirt or tank top for taking measurements
• Some string (for marking measurements). Yarn is fine for this.
Knitting Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Needles and crochet hooks of various sizes
• Yoke sweaters with fit issues if you wish to show examples of problems you’ve had in the past
• A circular yoke pattern you wish to knit. The pattern must have a schematic. (Please do not purchase something specifically for this class. Use something you already own!)