Party Ponchos with Bias Woven Squares
A virtual class with Florencia Campos
Mar 31, 10:00am-12:00pm and Apr 2, 10:00am-12:00pm CDT
Here is a chance to raid your stash, pull out those special and unusual yarns you’ve collected, and weave something fun to wear. Create then join bias-woven squares together for a classic poncho shape that can be as bold or demure as you choose
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 4 weeks following the event.
It’s time pull out the colorful, textured, and luxury yarns and let them shine. You are only limited by your imagination and yarns! Think boucle, pompon, ribbon, and even fabric strips; go exotic with cashmere and silks; or build a colorful plaid. Once you’ve made your squares you will learn to join them together into classic poncho shape with plenty of drape and character.
– Making woven squares by using different materials
– Use of color
– Joining squares to make a poncho
*** You will receive a second poncho project pattern to make on your own.
There is an optional $130 kit for this class which can be purchased at: https://www.ullvuna.cl/product-page/kayu
Kit includes a KAYU 15 pin looms in one. 15% OFF only for Stitches.events students. Use coupon code at checkout: ST15
Basic bias-woven knowledge.
• 12×12″ square pin loom (equal distance between pins)
• Different yarns and materials you would like to use like boucle, ribbons, cloth yarn, silk, etc.
• Weaving comb
• Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Tape measure, Seam ripper, Pins
No pre-class work required.
Color and Creativity, Design, Finishing, Garment Construction, Special Techniques, Tips and Hints