Seaming & Finishing for Knit and Crochet
With Kira Dulaney
Nov 6, 10:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-4:00pm CDT,
Nov 7, 2:00-4:00pm CST
Neat seams and finishes make such a difference in handmade projects, but many knitters and crocheters don’t feel confident in these skills. Learn to finish with ease and success, step-by-step, from planning ahead to blocking.
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 14 days following the event.
Out of stock
Notify me if this product becomes available.
This foundational class will be useful for everyone who knits or crochets garments or accessories.
Techniques will include:
• planning ahead for finishing with ease and success
• weaving in yarn ends on knit and crochet fabric
• seaming knitting using mattress stitch, aka invisible stitch
• seaming crochet with mattress stitch or slip stitch
• picking up stitches for knit edging
• single crochet edging
• buttonholes multiple ways
• hand-sewing zippers or hook-and-eye tape
• stabilizing button bands and shoulders with grosgrain ribbon
• steam blocking and wet blocking
• sewing buttons securely
• At least five 4X4-inch or larger knit or crochet swatches made in similar-weight yarns
• Additional yarn in a similar weight
• Zipper OR hook-and-eye tape.
• Optional: a project ready to seam and finish.
• Knitting and/or Crochet Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Needles and/or crochet hooks of various sizes
• Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Seam ripper, Pins