Addictive Argyle!: Hat Project
An in-person class with with Harry Wells
Nov 11, 2:00-5:00pm PST
Argyle is vintage new! Learn the classic way of knitting Argyle — flat with multiple strands or bobbins — and a flat seaming technique.
Love those iconic diamond shapes called Argyle, but you’re mystified about how to accomplish them? In this class, you will learn the classic technique, with tips and tricks, of knitting Argyle flat, along with a seaming method that makes the seam nearly invisible and not bulky. Each stage of the construction of our hat will be covered, along with how to calculate your own Argyle diamond patterns for different gauges.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class
Participants should be able to accomplish long-tail cast-on and basic stitches (K, P, SSK, K2 tog).
• US 5 (3.75mm) straight needles,14” (You can use a 16” circular, but it will be more difficult to work with the bobbins.)
• 40 grams of main color DK-weight wool yarn
• 10 grams of CC #1 (for diamond) DK-weight wool yarn
• 10 grams of CC #2 (for diamond)DK-weight wool yarn
• 7 grams of CC #3 (for criss-cross) DK-weight wool yarn (The criss-cross color should contrast with all the other colors.
• Highlighter tape or post-it notes
• Stitch markers
• Tapestry needle that will work with DK-weight yarn
• 10 Small knitting bobbins (EZ Bobs recommended).
• Completed pre-class work
• Knitting Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Needles and crochet hooks of various sizes