Decon to Recon – Transform Your Jeans into a Skirt
A virtual class with Jennifer Stern
May 14, 1:00-3:00pm &
May 15, 1:00-3:00pm CDT
This is not your basic denim skirt! Jenn will show you how to transform a pair of well-loved jeans into a one-of-a-kind skirt.
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 14 days following the event.
This is not a basic denim skirt! In this fun class, you will be giving your jeans a new life.
See how to take apart the seams and refashion the jeans into a skirt. First we’ll adjust your skirt for a perfect fit. Whether the jeans you started with were too big or too small, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to either add or remove fabric for a comfortable fit.
Then Jenn will introduce a printed fabric for a machine applique accent or design. You may want to use the same fabric to make pleated godet inserts. After you’ve finished embellishing, you will put the skirt together and learn options for finishing the hem.
• 1 or 2 pairs of jeans to make your skirt
• Sewing machine
• All-Purpose thread to construct skirt
• Coordinating print fabrics for machine appliqúe and godets.
• Size 14 denim and size 16 topstitch needles
• Double-sided fusible web or adhesive spray (such as 505 Temporary Adhesive Spray)
• Decorative threads and topstitching threads for embellishment
• Wonder tape
Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Tape measure, Seam ripper, Pins