Blackwork Artist Tool Roll-up
With Linda Pietz
Nov 6, 5:00-7:00pm CDT
Nov 7, 5:00-7:00pm CST
Nov 13, 5:00-7:00pm CST
Create a handy roll-up to hold your pens, pencils, and markers as you learn nine blackwork filling stitches.
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 14 days following the event.
Get your writing and drawing tools — or perhaps your crochet hooks— organized in this cute blackwork project. You will learn nine blackwork filling stitches, stitched on #14 Aida cloth.
You will find an iconic No.2 yellow pencil flanked by two colored pencils on each panel. Use the suggested colors or select your own. In addition to the filling stitches, there is some cross stitch with the No.2 yellow pencils and the wood and lead of the other pencils. During the last session, learn how to sew the simple roll up. After the stitching, the fun will be in filling up all those useful pockets.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this workshop:
Students should know how to use an embroidery hoop and be able to do cross stitch from a chart.
• One piece of #14 Aida cloth 11.5″ x 18″, available at craft stores.
• The following colors of DMC embroidery floss one skein each: 3712, 03, 04, 310, 798, 666, 718, 550, 3812, and two skeins of 742
• #20 tapestry needle
• 5 or 6″ embroidery hoop
• 1 yard ¼” wide ribbon
• 1/3 yard fabric for the inside and matching thread
• 1/4 yard fabric for pockets with matching thread
• Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Tape measure, Seam ripper, Pins