Altering Patterns for Size, Gauge, and Style
With Kira Dulaney
Jan 9 10:00am-12:00pm CST
It can be hard to find just the right knitting or crochet pattern to fit your yarn, body, and fashion sense. We will go through common alterations for size, gauge, and style.
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 14 days following the event.
This class will be useful for anyone who knits or crochets garments or accessories. Techniques will include:
• changing patterns from working flat to in-the-round
• changing an entire pattern for a different stitch and/or row gauge
• adding or customizing waist shaping
• altering shoulder and neckline shaping, for example adjusting a set-in armhole for a wider shoulder, or changing from a crew-neck to a V-neck
• two methods to change the size of the entire pattern