Designing Motifs for Round-yoke Sweaters
With Connie Peng
Jan 7, 1:00-3:00pm and Jan 8, 1:00-3:00pm CST
Learn how to design a round-yoke sweater and add your own motif designs.
Class sessions will be recorded and remain accessible online to registered students of the class for 14 days following the event.
Are you itching to design your own round-yoke sweater but don’t know how? Or perhaps you are curious to learn how a round-yoke is designed? This class will help you get started with your very own sweater design.
For knitters who want to learn how to fit motifs into the yoke, this class will provide you with a sweater pattern where you can place them. You will learn about the finer points of fitting motifs into a pattern.
For knitters who want to learn the math aspect of designing round-yoke sweaters, you will learn how to make calculations for a sweater that fits you specifically.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class:
1. Must know how to knit in round.
2. Must know how to knit increases and decreases.
3. Must know how to read charts.
4. Preferred prior sweater knitting experience (any type of sweater.)
• 2 balls of sport-weight yarn of different colors.
• US 4 (3.5mm) needles (or size to obtain gauge) to swatch in small rounds to obtain gauge of 22 stitches x 28 rounds in stockinette stitch. Note: Stitch gauge is more important than row/round gauge here.
• 4 or more charts you want to work with, it can be your own or from a knitting dictionary (can be colorwork charts, texture stitches, or other singular motifs)
• Graph papers, (you can use the graph paper pages from the class handout as well)
Knitting Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Needles and crochet hooks of various sizes