- You cannot add "Suspended! Drop Spindles for Beginners " to the cart because the product is out of stock.
With Xandy Peters
Mar 4, 9:00am-12:00pm
This class is an overview of techniques and shaping used to create flat pieces from the center out.
Out of stock
Notify me if this product becomes available.
This class is a guided tour of the possibilities of center-out accessories. We will look at 3 different cast-on methods for center-out projects and the unique strengths of each method. After casting on, we will try out different arrangements and types of increases to build different shawl, blanket, and scarf shapes such as a square or other regular polygon, rectangle, oblong, almond, and classic circular “pi” shawl. Many traditional lace and colorwork motifs work with these shapes for spectacular results. Students are encouraged to bring circular and double pointed needles and will learn how to convert patterns to work with whichever tools they prefer. By the end of the class, students will feel confident using these cast-on methods to create center-out accessories and add stitch and color patterns to various shapes.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class:
Students should have experience knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, working in the round, and reading patterns.
• 1 or more colors of yarn, large scraps are fine.
• Circular and double pointed needles in a size 7 and 8 extra needles may be helpfu
• Stitch markers in 2 or more colors
• Scratch paper
• Knitting Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Needles and crochet hooks of various sizes