- You cannot add "Invested Interest: The How-to of Knitting a Vest" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
An in person class with Sonya Philip
Mar 5, 9:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:00pm
Do pants tickle your fancy? Stitch a pair together in next to no time!
Out of stock
Notify me if this product becomes available.
Sew up a pair of pants with a relaxed fit! In this workshop students will learn how to select fabric, tips on cutting and laying out pattern pieces to avoid confusion, and how to insert an elastic for the waistband. Using the Pants no. 1 pattern from 100 Acts of Sewing, instructions will also be given for patch and inseam pockets options. The size inclusive pattern runs from XS to 4X.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class
While this is beginning sewing class, previous experience using a sewing machine is necessary.
A $17 kit fee will be collected by your instructor during class. Correct change is appreciated.
Kit includes Pants No. 1 pattern
• Sewing machine
• 2.5 yards mid-weight fabric, such as linen, cotton, or natural fiber blend
• Matching thread
• 1.5 yard of 3/4 inch no-roll elastic
• 2 inches ribbon or twill tape (optional)
• Fat quarter of pre-washed contrasting fabric for pockets (optional)
• Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Tape measure, Seam ripper, Pins