- You cannot add "Fiber Preparation: Carding for Loft" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Freeform Alternative Punching
An in person class with Una Walker
Mar 5, 9:00am-12:00pm
Jazz up your Punch Needle with “alternative” techniques and texture!
Out of stock
Notify me if this product becomes available.
In this class we will explore free form Punch Needle and alternative techniques. Stitch variation such as the bead stitch, reverse punching and stem stitch will be covered as well as using alternative yarns, ribbon and fabric. We will also add to the texture of your piece using varying sizes of needles.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class
Basic Punch needle use knowledge: threading and maintaining stitch length
There is a required materials fee for this class which will be collected in person by your instructor.
• 24′ piece of Monk’s cloth and a wide variety of yarns and fabrics to play with.
• At least 2 Oxford Punch needles a regular width and a fine point, varying heights optional. I will have needles to try.
• Either a gripper frame (18″x18″ is recommended) or a 14″ no-slip hoop or lapstand.
• Sewing Basics: Needles, Thread, Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Tape measure, Seam ripper, Pins