Crocheted Fox Paws
An in-person class with Lily Chin
Mar 3, 9:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:00pm
The intricate looking Fox Paws pattern designed by Xandy Peters is such an intriguing knit. It is an impressive exercise of multiple increases and decreases worked on knitting needles — and now it can be crocheted.
With Xandy’s approval, Lily translated the Fox Paw pattern to crochet. Learn the tricks to work this pattern row by row. See applications for adapting it to projects and how to incorporate as many or as few colors as you please.
Special skills or knowledge needed to take this class
Must be able to work foundationless sc.
• A few colors of classic worsted-weight wool (stay away from acrylic or acrylic-blends, you don’t want the strands to split)
• Appropriate hook and one a size larger
• Coilless safety pins or Clover plastic locking markers
• Post-it notes or highlighter tape to keep track of the pattern
• Crochet Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Crochet hooks of various sizes
Limited pre-class work required.