An in-person class with Kristin Drysdale
Mar 4, 9:00am-12:00pm
Sharpen your DPN and FlexiFlip colorwork skills and learn to make a brood of chicks for spring! If you avoid DPNs or don’t understand FlexiFlips, this class is for you.
Get out your double-point or FlexiFlips needles, and let’s practice and sharpen our circular knitting skills as we make a brood of fanciful chicks.
You may choose from three chick patterns.
When finished, your chicks can cover plastic eggs, decorate your home, or make the Easter Egg Hunt even more fun.
We will cover:
• Long-tail cast-on
• DPN and FlexiFlips skills
• Continental knitting
• Catching floats
• Weaving colors in and out
• Embroidery on knitting
• Decreasing in colorwork
• Three-needle bind-off
Basic knitting skills: Casting on, knitting and purling.
• Rauma Finullgarn yarn (or equivalent fingering-to-sport-weight) in multiple colors
• Appropriate DPNs or FlexiFlips
• Knitting Basics: Sharp scissors, Notebook, Pen or pencil with eraser, Stitch markers, Tapestry needles (large and small), Tape measure, Small calculator, Needles and crochet hooks of various sizes
Limited pre-class work required.